Finished! Merry Christmas to me!
I can now let out a big sigh and feel good about the final project.
I spent countless hours setting up my objects in Pure Data so that my lights could light up to the song. I created 50 or so objects, and timed them exactly to the note that is distinctively heard in the song. Once I finished everything in Pure Data, I continued building my paper sculpture where the lights will be taped to the back.
With tons of clear tape, I had built my sculpture and was ready to record.
I did come across a few problems like the lights not responding to the Arduino at all. I would try to reset but that caused my computer to crash three times, on three separate occasions. This caused a lot of headaches when I was ready to record. But the hard work paid off and I’d be interested in trying out a larger scale version of this.
So, here’s the video. Enjoy!