The final project

I can now let out a big sigh and feel good about the final project.

I spent countless hours setting up my objects in Pure Data so that my lights could light up to the song. I created 50 or so objects, and timed them exactly to the note that is distinctively heard in the song. 2013-12-01 11.50.17-2 Once I finished everything in Pure Data, I continued building my paper sculpture where the lights will be taped to the back.

2013-12-01 21.51.04

With tons of clear tape, I had built my sculpture and was ready to record.

2013-12-01 21.51.38

I did come across a few problems like the lights not responding to the Arduino at all. I would try to reset but that caused my computer to crash three times, on three separate occasions. This caused a lot of headaches when I was ready to record. But the hard work paid off and I’d be interested in trying out a larger scale version of this.

So, here’s the video. Enjoy!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s